The shift to remote work significantly affected collaboration and availability, especially for those with kids or additional responsibilities at home. Some might have anticipated a decrease in productivity, compared to pre-pandemic levels, but nearly two-thirds of companies are seeing the same or higher productivity.
To learn more, we asked 250 engineering managers about their teams’ experiences since shelter-in-place orders took effect in March. What they shared reveals resilience, vulnerability, and a potentially concerning mindset for the months ahead.
- What are the top “time sucks” faced by engineers today?
- Who’s to blame: meetings or emails?
- On what issue do 96% of managers agree?
- What should be the top priority in 2021?
- Beyond the data, how do we cope?