We’re dreamers, creators, and builders.
Join our mission.
We’re data scientists, developers, organizational science experts, storytellers, designers, and mission-driven people who like solving hard problems.
We’re collaborative. We debate. We fight over the last La Croix. We care about our co-workers. We always make time for Friday game lunches. We have 50 happy houseplants, and we’re growing.
We are open with each other and our customers.
The best ideas come from anyone, anytime, anywhere.
BRING OUT THE BEST
We strive for a positive impact with minimal unintended consequences.
We all win when we all learn and grow.
Our innovation relies on trying new things and learning at every step.
We’re Category Creators
When you’re redefining the approach to productivity, there’s no playbook to follow. We need innovative team members who want to pave new roads and change the future of engineering.
WE’RE SMALL BUT MIGHTY
This is just the beginning. Our pioneering team has to be flexible as the company scales and grows.
we’re solving a persistent problem
Work has been messy for, well, ever. Many have proposed solutions, and yet, things have stayed the same. This calls for creativity, perseverance, and a belief that change is possibly imminent.
Working at uplevel
Our team is driven by a desire to solve big problems—but we’re proud to offer extensive benefits to uplift all areas of our lives.
- Industry-leading healthcare benefits
- Stipends for personal & professional growth
- Unlimited PTO and sick days
- Flexible work environment
- Free Orca card or subsidized parking
- Friday catered lunches with games
- Monthly wellness stipend
- All the snacks you could want
We’re hiring for a technical leader who will lead the technical direction and vision for the Uplevel set of products and services including front end and backend services that scale. You will mentor and help grow a team of talented, diverse software engineers. You will provide strong leadership for the architecture of secure, distributed, scalable, and resilient services using modern technologies.
WHO YOU ARE
You’re comfortable with ambiguity and enjoy building things from the ground up. You are a hands-on technical individual who is well-versed in Software Engineering methodologies and deeply aware of current Technology trends. Have experience with AWS (or competing cloud platforms) and passionate about iterating fast in a startup environment. You are adept at understanding and articulating the tradeoffs involved in building the right product at the right speed.
- 10+ years of experience as a Software Engineer/Software Engineering Leader.
- 5+ years of experience architecting and implementing large-scale Services ideally within a SaaS product
- 5+ years of experience with distributed systems delivering large-scale, secure, and resilient cloud services
- Expertise with web or application development with full stack (data engineering, micro-service design)
- Expertise in both relational and NoSQL Databases
- Experience with Big Data analytic technologies and Data Pipelines (Databricks, Spark, SQL, or equivalent)
- API design with coding proficiency in Java, python, node.js, or equivalent technologies
- Deep understanding of Security models for Services, Thread modeling, Fuzz Testing and Penetration Testing techniques
- Exceptional software development design, debugging and troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Prior Development Management Experience and passion for mentoring junior engineers
- Demonstrated ability to generate clarity in ambiguous situations
- Demonstrated ability to quickly understand emerging technologies
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with DevOps models and agile methodologies
- Experience with Service Management, Operations, and Support
- Experience building and architecting hybrid solutions involving on-prem and Public cloud pieces
- Experience building solutions that integrate with platforms like Github, Gitlab, Jira, Slack etc.
- Experience with Compliance frameworks (ISO-27001, SOC2, GDPR etc)
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU
- Be part of an ambitious early stage startup where we have clear goals, work swiftly under pressure, have strong attention to details, and put the customer experience first
- Solve one of the biggest problems in software development – helping engineering teams operate as effectively as possible.
If you want to learn more or apply, please send your LinkedIn profile and note job title in the subject line to email@example.com
Timing: We’re looking to fill this role ASAP.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Nondiscrimination
Uplevel is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing a work environment that is free from any form of discrimination. We value diversity and foster mutual respect among our employees.
Don’t see the right position for you? Drop us a note and we’ll be in touch.