Recently, we shared the results of a survey aimed at measuring how work has changed in 2020. We learned that the majority of teams are maintaining or increasing their productivity, even amidst more meetings, more emails, and more distractions. We turned to Uplevel data to decipher this new world.
WHAT WE LEARNED
More meetings. Less Deep Work time. Maintained or increased pull request volume. Teams are accomplishing remarkable feats during an unpredictable time. The trade-off? They’re losing the ability to shut down at the end of the workday.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Celebrate wins, like meeting big project deadlines and collaborating effectively while remote.
- Follow up with rewards, like taking the afternoon off, expensing lunch, or scheduling all-company OOO.
- Focus on reducing burnout.
- Adopt healthier Slack habits to reduce interruptions.
- Support parents that are balancing work and homeschool
- Communicate early and often—but not outside of work hours.
- Download Uplevel reports to amplify your 1:1s with data.
- Reduce meeting fatigue with asynchronous meetings or Zoom alternatives.
- Practice empathy.